wickinc

Just another WordPress.com site

the final video of our working machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=179FVUffH-k

Advertisements

life cycle analysis

overall aesthetic development

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

this is what our show will look like.

we added a white screen to devide our machine up into for ground mid ground back ground.

added some curtains

and then created a stage drama so our overall theme continued through out our development.

clamp getting stuck

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

here is the clamp stuck from our error.

we had to make new and stronger teeth as even though it was stuck the cogs kept trying to turn and got ripped off. the acrylic was stronger.

we did it in a way where we could stick half a new cog on if it broke. like a jigsaw puzzle. rather than replacing the whole cog.

the development of the mask

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

here is how we made the mould of the mask and the injection moulding we did with the easy cast. it didnt go aswell as we would have liked. but the mask was not unsuccesful we were happy how it turned out but a little more time would have been useful and money as easy cast and silicon is expensive and this was the first time any of us had used these materials so ofcourse there was mistakes.

the purple pigment worked better in the easy cast as it set faster for some reason.

we had to use 75ml of easy cast and it took about ten minutes to set. this itself was hard to figure out the exact amount as our silicon mould leaked so when I put water in it to measure it it just spilled every where so we just had to guess.

in one of our guesses ( our first one in the set up machine) i put 300ml when this spilled out every where the mould got stuck shut and when we tried to open it, the cogs broke as it was so stuck shut.

 

Shadow Test

Testing the conveyer belt with lights to see what kind of shadows we get from it.

final mask pattern

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

We changed the pattern on the ladies mask so it is more simplified and the lines are thicker so the detailing will be slightly more obvious in the easy cast this way.

Clamp Mechanisim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWXrrZmuK84&feature=youtu.be

 

creating a silicone mould

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

here we did our first draft silicon mould.

we put a small amount of silicon on top of one of our acrylic masks to see if it could pick up the fine detail we created and it could which was great.

we are still waiting for the rest of the silicon to dry as it takes over night. but we will just do one half of the two part mould and put a stick stuck into the urethane and get the clamp to pull it out to see if there will be any problems pull the mask out of the mould, if it is too tricky for what ever reason the clamp  may end up pulling to firmly on the stick and derailing the conveyor belt so we need to test for this at the moment.

how the fold out box could work

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

after constructing this we have realised it would be a really big box and there might be an easier way to create this feel where all the componants are more accsessable so we think that instead of having the sides sold they would just be a fold out wooden frame with red velevet curtains attached.

the screen would fold into 3 sides and create a tunnel over the top of the conveyor belt so the masks are easier to make into a silhouette